Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Progress, with a picture!

I was working more on the bolero last night and ignoring the sweater. Deadline smedline. Here's a pic so far. Please notice that it looks nothing like anything that would possibly fit a human, but it's right so far. I am on the armholes now, so it's going pretty quick. This one's not a surprise so I don't have to hide it.










I also got an encouraging note from the Crochet! mag looking forward to seeing more submissions from me. I am starting to get excited about my Letter Baby Jacket being published, and I hope that other folks love making it as much as I did. Of course they won't have to deal with math, so there's always that plus! I have a few ideas bouncing around that I will start playing with shortly. It would be so much more better if I could figure out how to make fair-isle look right in crochet.

Jake went today to get his blood work and Travis said he was a trooper. That surprises me a lot since he's usually such a wuss about EVERYTHING! He was very brave and didn't cry or anything. Now we wait. I have noticed that he mainly tics when we are eating or when he's reading, and sometimes walking if he's not happy to be where we are at. I am hopeful that the Calmag will start working soon.

We got our mattress yesterday and it was nice to sleep on. Travis got his new pillow but I will get mine tonight (highway robbery at BB&B, I'll go to walmart). Travis got one of those contoured pillows that claims to help with snoring. It lies. But he said it was comfortable so that's a good thing.

That's it from me for now. Have a good one.

No comments: