Tuesday, October 07, 2008

a glimmer of hope









How pathetic is it that this is a glimmer of hope, but there you go. That is the "expensive corner" for gas, which does give me hope that the rest of the city will come to it's senses.

In other news, my new mattress got delivered today. Yippee horay!! Travis took a pic of it and sent it to my phone before he promptly laid down to take a nap. Rude. Anyway, I am thrilled to have a brand new mattress - my first I think.

In more other news, I started mom's bolero that I wasnt supposed to start yet. I'm kooky like that I guess. I had some tv to watch last night and didnt want to pull out the Christmas sweater, even though that has more of a deadline. The bolero is currently more of a test to see if we like the yarn enough to sufice or if I need to go and by some. This is stash Red Heart so not the softest thing in the world until it's old and washed many times but we were looking for "somewhat stiff" so my go-to simply soft is a no-go. So, I got a few inches into that but failed to take a picture. I'll try to remember that tonight.

Tonight we have errands - Bed bath and beyond for some new pillows (love you 20% off coupon), then goodwill for a bedside table and a donation. I am trying to convince myself that I want a new sewing machine that does more than sew in a straight and zigzag line. I like my machine well enough but I am looking. My mattress gives me a firm NO from the in-laws where such an extravagant gift would normally come from so now I will stalk goodwill and the like for something. I did also find out that a very nearby vacuum shop also sells refurbed Singers so that is also a possibility. I want the step up from the bare bones Kenmore that I have now, then find a nice home for it when it's replaced. Nothing wrong with it but it just is really bare bones. That reminds me, I need to borrow the canned air so that I can give it a nice blowing - it needs it!

And finally, Sean found a skull cap that I made for Jake some time ago. It has always looked like a Jewish kid at temple on Jake because he has such thick hair and a biggish head, but it looks pretty normal on Sean! (That is a wipe that Sean is playing with. He loves 'em, but in a healthy way.) That's it from me, have a great day.






No comments: