Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Punishment

Tracie, your thought that "Stupid should Hurt" is so applicable here, and as punishment I should be made to write "I will read ALL directions BEFORE proceeding" 100 times.

So, I'm making this sweater for Mom for Christmas, and to break up the monotony I've decided on Back/sleeve/front/sleeve. I've finished up my back, it looks great I think, and moved on to sleeve #1. The pattern is basically a few rows repeated but continuing continuity of the pattern (there's diamonds and you just follow the guides to make it look right). Well for the back, you do this repeat for so many inches, take it in a few stitches for the sleeve inset, then go up further in the same pattern. It reads something like this:

Row 1: dc blah blah, fptc, dcs, fptc, dcs, bobble, dcs, fptc, dcs, fptc.
Row 2: sc across
Row 3: Continue in pattern blah blah

THEN I hit the sleeve. Well, they did the same thing to begin with, got you started with the sleeve pattern (again with the diamonds) and it reads something like this:

Row 1: dc blah blah, fptc, dcs, fptc, dcs, bobble, dcs, fptc, dcs, fptc.
Row 2: sc across
Row 3: Continue in pattern blah blah (adding 1 st to each end)

WELL, I figured directions for sleeve were the same as directions for back. I figured wrong. I noticed that I figured wrong 8 ROWS after this was supposed to start. Know how I noticed I figured wrong? Go ahead, guess? I'm sure you cant guess THIS bad, so I'll tell you. There was a PICTURE! I kept reading the pattern to figure out where the increases were, and kept reading blah blah instead of add 1 stitch to each end. STUPID!

Here, laugh, carry on...(not you Mom): http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/brandeekins/2006_1010Image0002.jpg
However, here is the back, which redeems me a bit: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a250/brandeekins/2006_1010Image0001.jpg

Yeah, That's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back!

No comments: