Monday, October 08, 2007

Quickie

It's been a hectic work day, trying to get so much done and actually succeeding... but there is still more to do. Here's the weekend in a nutshell...

Saturday was Jack's birthday party, and it was at the bowling alley. Brilliant I thought! Here's Jake rolling his very first ball:









He did really good - his first game was 89, the third was 99 and I have no idea what the second was since I was apparently otherwise occupied (probably by the baby) and didnt see. He had a great time, and it made me miss bowling... maybe I'll do that for my birthday - that'd be fun. I did that a few years ago too, when was that - 29? No clue.

Sunday we went to my Grandparent's house and hung out with them, my folks and my Aunt & her fam from Colorado. Jake had such a blast with his cousins... but I of course didnt brandish the camera. I'll have to wait until I get pics from them to show you.

In yarn news, I finished the mini sweater ornament, now I just need to make the hanger. I have some medium gauge wire that should work, maybe one night this week once the kids are sleeping I will do that. I also started on a sock out of my new crocheted socks book. I'm enjoying it, and it's going well so far. Of course I've only been making a tube, and the harder heel turn is coming up but it seems promising. I am waiting on the yarn that I ordered to arrive so I can finish my mom's Christmas jacket. Here's pics of the ornament and sock:

















And finally, I was going to show you a nice picture of the cat in the bathtub, but blogger crapped out. Maybe tomorrow! For now, have a nice Monday.

No comments: