Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm fine, no really.

So I have been complaining quite a bit about these Braxton Hicks Contractions. They are so frequent - like every time I stand or walk, or sometimes drive or sit or lay down. Not consistant in timing which is good, and not painful persay but uncomfortable. I'm in my 2nd trimester, I am not supposed to be uncomfortable. I'm glad that I'm not doing the 3 day, I cant walk across the office (a converted house... not that big) without cramping up. I am upset about that but I dont think I would have been able to do it, or raise the $2200. I think I raised about $300, which goes to breast cancer anyway which is good. Lets see, other pregnancy whining - Oh, I am officially back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. I didnt hit that mark with Jake until I was 38 weeks (I'm 23), so I dont think that I'll be able to claim only gaining 2 pounds. Oh well, as long as I dont gain more than I'll lose at the hospital I'll be fine.

Crochet and knitting. Last night was a crochet night at one of the gal's houses. I worked on Tracie's Christmas sock - I'm almost done with the Gusset, then the round and round part. I am pleased with how it's turning out. I do have to say that it is VERY DIFFICULT to not cast on another pair now that I have my new Lorna's Laces yarn all caked up from Saturday's fiber-in (thanks Tra for the cakking). I love that yarn - and I have 2 of them. One for Dani's socks, one for Tracie's. I only meant to make her one pair, with the Lorna's Laces, but when I saw this other yarn at Sip & Knit (the one I'm doing now, the green one) it just screamed socks for Tracie. I also got the same yarn in a slate blue color - no idea who for. I'll have to figure that out. So it looks like Tracie will get Birthday socks (in November like me) and Christmas socks. What a lucky girl, I tell you! BUT I will finish these, then do Dani's, then finish Mom's sweater (maybe not then, but congruently) THEN other Tracie socks.

I actually organized my project tote - which is helpful when lugging around 3 projects (well, I'm currently lugging around 2 but I swear I'm gonna put Mom's sweater in there too!). I have each project in a gallon ziplock with their tools and patterns. Well, I have the yarn for Mom's in there but I was running too late to get the rest out of the bedroom this morning, so her yarn is in it's ziplock on the coffee table. It will make it here, I swear. Also, last night Tracie gave me size 7 metal needles to try again on Sean's sweater. I havent had a chance to look in the stash for a better yarn either.

Babyville: Baby can hear mom's heart and stomach. These types of sounds are comforting to a newborn too. A special type of fat called brown fat develops. This keeps baby warm at birth. It also provides nourishment while your milk is coming in.

No comments: