Thursday, December 18, 2008

Slow going... but no time to slow down!!

I am about 1/3 done with the 2nd front of Mom's sweater. I was only able to work on it for about 20 minutes at lunch since I had a few more Christmas cards to get done (only one left is for my brother in law - and I still need to make that one).

I forgot the other socks so I couldn't mail them out like I had wanted. I should have mailed the card seperate so they don't get suspicious, but I have it set to go in the package. Sorry for being covert but the intended reads this and no hints!! Also, Chrissy - I dont have a current address for you... so Merry Christmas via the innernets instead of via the mailbox!

This past weekend I broke down and told Cliff about the Cliffyghan. He was amused but I was pretty disappointed that it won't be done. I will keep working on it and maybe he'll get it next year. I also want to work more on making quilts for next year than yarny things. I dont know how it will go but I will give it the old college try. I did just find out that my Grandmother (that taught me to crochet) did a quilt for Homecoming - hand pieced, hand quilted! I did that with my little 9-patch practice square and it took me a month! I couldn't imagine all that hand-sewing!

I hope to be able to post a pic of Mom's sweater in the next few days - either the parts or (gasp!) sewn together! I don't know if it will fit Damarys and I dont know if I can post a pic of Morgan on here so it actually on a human will have to wait until after Christmas.

That's it from me for today. Tomorrow is our Christmas Luncheon (followed by the rest of the day off!) so I dont know if I'll have a chance to post. If not, have a great weekend!

No comments: