Monday, December 15, 2008

Making Progress.

I have finished the 2nd sleeve of Mom's sweater and started on the 2nd front. I've got about 2 inches or so done on that, about 20ish to go. I have finished 9 market bags (I counted) and now I have to figure out who will get some.

I need to fill out Christmas Cards now that the kids pics are being printed. Maybe I'll be able to do that tomorrow. I also need to figure out something for my nephew for Christmas. He likes the Jets, wonder how quick I could make a hat? How about if I used fat yarn? Course I don't have fat yarn in green and white at home, but it's a thought. Of course he needs a hat, he lives in Antarctica, I mean NY. Maybe I could stop at Joann's tonight and get some yarn, give myself a few hours of Non-sweater knitting and get it done. Fat yarn + fat knitting needles + delusion = quick hat. Quick enough to be in NY by Christmas? Hmm.

In other news, I went to my grandparents yesterday and made some Christmas Cookies with my Mom. It was great fun, even if ONE of us can't read a recipe (who me?). I came away with some coconut macaroons and peanut butter blossoms but, sadly, had to leave the chocolate covered cherry cookies behind as they were a casualty. They tasted good but because SOMEONE is a dumbass, they turned out flat and runny and the chocolate didn't exactly COVER the cherries anymore. (Why does anyone allow me to do these things?) Tomorrow is the cookie swap here at work, bring in 2 dozen, leave with 2 dozen. Good trade I think. Love cookies!!

Wonder if this where I should mention that I really think I should not eat too much this Christmas and start really paying attention to a diet of some sort come New Years? LOL. Anywho, moving on.

Today is the deadline for Summer submissions at the place where I sent the thing. I really hope they like it (or them, since there are 2). I do, and that's all that counts... right? Yeah I didn't think so either.

No comments: