Thursday, November 09, 2006

Forward Ho!

I am on the round and round bit of the birthing socks... they are coming out very nice (except that I cannot count to 3 reliably), and I have decided that I need to not do a patterned sock with self patterning yarn. It really does take away from the yarn, which is SO not the point when the yarn is so pretty. Here's what I have so far:









The top shows it in the pattern, the bottom of the foot shows just straight knitting and lets the yarn show itself off. See why I love it? Anyway, thats where that stands.

Once this sock is done, I'll do Daddy's other sock. I will try really really hard to motivate myself to do Daddy's other sock... especially since I have had no luck convincing him to lop off his other foot to save me from myself. I'll keep trying though!

The other day when I was driving home from work it was raining and icky, but I saw this:









Can you see it? A rainbow blob in the middle of the clouds? It had no rainbow parts on the other sides of the clouds - no arch, nothing. It was really cool to see.

Good news on the baby front... no more quaint little hospital for the baby... My insurance finally bucked up and started flying right! They added the real hospital back! YAY! Sean has been hiccuping often. I let Jake feel it the other night and he was thrilled to pieces. He says "That means he's growing!". I love baby logic!

Speaking of Jake and logic, he asked Travis the other day "Daddy, why do squirrels eat their homes?" Uh, huh? was Travis' response. "Well, squirrels eat acorns, and acorns become trees, and squirrels live in trees. So why would they eat the acorns?" Travis mumbled something about too many acorns and plenty of trees, and left it at that. We were both kind of awestruck at the thought process required to come up with that.

Babyville: Sean's body continues to grow quickly. His brain is developing well with different sections taking shape.

No comments: