Friday, February 06, 2009

Owls

I started knitting a sweater. Not just any sweater, but a sweater with Owls. I LOVE it. I sent a pic to Mom to see if she likes it too so I know if I should make her one for Christmas. She does. There is one on Ravelry that has a cream sweater with brown wooden eyes that I thought she'd love and look good in, and oddly reminded me of when she used to do macrame! I'm making myself one in navy so I make sure I get it right before starting hers... um, yeah that's my story and I'm stickin to it! According to others that have made it, it's a quick knit. I am just so excited. Here's a pic of the Kate Davies'... she's the designer:









Once I spotted it I figured either it would be loved or hated, it's just that kind of a design. I am almost an inch of rib into the bottom, it calls for 1 inch but I think I'll make it a little bigger. Then it's Stockinette all the way up until you get to the cowl with just a few decreases for shaping. Easy peasy.

I also just finished making the other kid Gator had I had on my list and only have 1 adult Gator hat to go. After that I feel like I need to retire those colors.

I am going to my Mom's on Sunday and she has some fabric for me to peek a. Hopefully I'll find something to use for Kerry's quilt.

AND, my size 2 circs just came in the mail. Why does it take a box the size of a shoebox to hold needles that could be sent in an envelope? Craziness.

Anyway, a lot of things going on and I'm pretty excited about all of them. Tomorrow m in-laws are taking the kids to Busch Gardens so I'll have some time to work on something crafty between loads of laundry. Have a great weekend!

No comments: