Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Peas, skulls, and blanket love

Here was our foray into peas last night:









It went ok once he was used to the idea that This Is Not Sweet Potatoes. The look on his face at the first taste was priceless. And since I dont have the first look, this one will have to do:






Too funny. But it did get better. I promise. And no, Mom I wont quit feeding him "those nasty things".


I finished Andrew's hat, and I am quite proud of it. Next up I'll make one for Cliffy. Here's what it looks like on me:










Brilliant fashion statement, I know! But hopefully Andrew will like it. I need to figure out how to not make the black bits puffy from the white parts being tight. I know it has something to do with my tension and the yarn carrying but I have no clue how to fix it. Also, I think I want to try to make the size a little smaller around, so I may go with a smaller size needle. I'll have to look at that. This size will be fine for Cliff I think so I'll start that at lunch today.
Yesterday when I picked up Sean from Roxannes, he was sleeping in his little pack & play clutching a little bitty blanket. When she mentioned that he likes a blankey I thought that funny since I hadnt really noticed it at home, I just thought the blanket kept getting in the way of his fixt to hand. Nope, he just likes to use the blanket to chew on. Here's what it looked like at home when I gave him one of his baby giftees:



This kid cracks me up.


Jake graduates kindergarten on May 22. That night they are having a K5 play, and Jake is a lion. This means I get to make a lion costume. I am not amused. So after dinner last night we went to Joanns to get a pattern and fabric and something called bias tape (no clue, but the girl at the fabric counter pointed me in the right direction. Guess I'll find out soon enough). Here's the pattern I got: http://www.simplicity.com/index.cfm?cat=4&type=20&sec=57&startrow=1
I should have taken a pic of the fabric I got too, but I forgot. Tonight I'll try to remember. It is MUCH cuter than the one in the pattern. Wish me luck. LOTS of luck. This goes Way. Beyond. the straight lines required for the pillows and drapes I've made. Stupid lion. Stupid $25 lion. Hopefully it will actually LOOK like a lion. We'll have to see.
Thats it for now.

No comments: