Monday, March 09, 2009

Show and tell

I was out of commission on Thursday and Friday being sick and caring for a sick kid - neither was fun and I am not really much better. I have a doc appt tomorrow and hopefully I'll find out whats up. Anywho, I did get some stuff accomplished and such.

First I wanted to show off my Thirty One skirt purse. This is the Julie Stripe and you can see my little silver B dangly thing. I love it!










Next up, Jake had his trophy day for baseball. This is him and trophy and him, trophy, coach and asst coach. I really think he enjoyed Baseball:
















Here are the boys playing the piano. They are so cute!




And finally, Kerry's quilt. Top and backing are done, and now it's time to quilt. I had a really cute stencil of a rope that I used on the sashing, and I did 1 rope (probably 10 inches or so) and realized that the backing was REALLY bunchy. I looked back at my quilting book and it said CLEARLY that you should baste first then quilt. Whoopsy. It took me 2 days to get the black thread and small stitches out of the black sashing. So, last night I started basting. I'll baste some more tonight and try the whole quilting thing again. I am so excited, but I am reminded by my calendar that Kerry's birthday was yesterday. Hopefully I'll have something to show the next few days or so.


























That's it for me, have a great day!

No comments: