Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Friday... the recipe.

Oh, I forgot to share with you my shrimp enchiladas that I made on Friday. Turns out it's not exactly, um, original cause if you google it you get like 974 pages of links, but i digress. These were great, and even Travis liked them. Great for no-meat Fridays. I suck at writing recipes, so please excuse that bit.

Here's what I did:

(With this amount I was able to make 2 batches of 6 enchiladas each plus 2 quesadillas. )

1 16 oz pkg of med shrimp (the 41-60's I think) from WalMart SuperCenter
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ginger
1 clove crushed garlic
2 tsp hot sauce (it's not hot, I promise)
flour tortillas (I use the ones that are 6" diameter)
Mexican blend cheese
enchilada sauce - I used Old El Paso, the big can.

With this amount I was able to make 2 batches of 6 enchiladas each plus 2 quesadillas.

Marinate the shrimp in the olive oil, ginger, garlic and hotsauce in a ziplock for 2 hours. (I kept mine in the fridge and made my 2nd batch the next day and they were fine... marinated for like 20 hours). Warm your four tortillas 30 seconds in the micro to make them pliable. Place a handful of cheese (about 1/4 cup) plus 6 shrimps in each tortilla, roll them up and place them seam down in a sprayed baking dish (I used my rectangle and got 6 across). Pour half a big can (or 1 small can I suppose) over the enchiladas and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put sour cream, salsa and black olives on mine, top yours however you like. Enjoy.

No comments: