Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Tuesday.

I wish there was more to talk about, although I'm almost afraid to say that! Lets see, what's going on? Cliffy started his radiation yesterday and his first chemo today. Radiation is M-F for 7 weeks. It's only about 15 minutes a day so its not too bad, and its right by the house which is helpful. So far he is feeling fine, please keep praying for his strength through this.

I have finished 2 stripes on my flag, but I'm out of red and will be going hopefully tonight to get some more. Our house is minus Fios for 3 days in a row - no phone, teevee or innernets which SUCKS! Especially since I cant tell it to dvr stuff for me to watch later. I missed the Next Food Network Star, and didn't dvr it yet when we lost service. Very aggravating. I discovered that I cant crochet/knit and NOT watch teevee at the same time. I found that very odd, but last night when I should have been working on the 8 different WIPs I have - I played virtual battleship on the Nintendo DS. So sad.

I'm in the process of purging some of my comic book collection. Any Dawn fans that want some cool stuff? Next I will go through the yarn stash to get rid of stuff that I bought because I had-to-have-it but have not used in forever.

And finally, I have a recipe. I did a product test for a company that is having a new product soon and it came with this recipe. It was very good with lots of flavor and super easy. I was expecting more paprika flavor than rosemary but crushing the rosemary REALLY brought out that flavor. Yummy!

Rosemary Roasted Chicken with potatoes
2tsp paprika
1.5 tsp crushed rosemary leaves
.5 tsp garlic powder
.5 tsp coarse ground black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs (I used boneless/skinless)
1.5 lbs small red potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes (I used white potatoes)

Preheat oven to 425F. Mix oil and spices in a large bowl. Add chicken and potatoes and toss to coat well. Arrange chicken and potatoes in a single layer on foil lined baking sheet. Roast 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, turning potatoes occasionally.

That's it from me, have a great day, and let me know if you try the recipe and what you think.

No comments: