Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Tisket, A Tasket...

The answer is yes, you should do a mock-up before diving headfirst into a project. And thats what I did. I made a tiny little basket 1/3 the size of what I want the end to be, just to test the theory. Yep, I think it's gonna work! I've finished the knitting, and hand-felted it in the sink. I want it to be a little firmer felted so I will give it a go in the washer tonight. But yeah, I like how its come out. The design makes sense, I like the garter stitch because its given it some extra bulk, and it's easy. Yay! Anyway, at lunch in a bit I will work on the bigger one a little bit. I'd show you a picture but then I'd have to kill ya, and that'd be no fun!


I also brought the blue sock, which will hopefully get some knitting on it during Jake's dentist appt this afternoon. Once these are done I'll do the other sock to Mom's pair, then the other blue sock.

OOOOH, and I found Mom's Christmas Sweater!!!!! Yesterday I got the Interweave Knits magazine and it's right in there!!! (It's called I heart cardis). Damarys agrees, it's cute! Now I need to find Cherry Tree Hill yarn.

That's it for now. Hopefully Jake's appt will go well and there won't be screaming involved. I'll leave you with a pic of Sean playing with the toy Grandma & Pop Pop gave him for Christmas the best way he knows how:

No comments: