Thursday, February 14, 2008

Need a recipe?

I got one! I wont get to try this until after I get to the store next, but it sounds SOOOO good that I had to share. AND, each serving is only 6 points!

Brushetta Chicken Bake (serves 6)
Preheat oven to 400.

Ingredients:
1 can Italian Stewed tomatoes (UNdrained)
1 pk stove top stuffing
1/2 C water
2 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast chopped
1 tbs dried basil
1 C Shredded Mozzarella cheese (part-skim for that points count)

In a bowl, mix togther the tomatoes w/juice, stuffing mix, water & garlic and let sit. Place chicken in 13x9 pan and sprinkle with basil and cheese. Top with the stuffing mix and bake 30 minutes.


I LOVE brushetta and to see it as a meal is exciting to me. Of course this coming from the girl on day 4 untangling yarn because she's a dumbass, but still! And since I've been untangling I have not been knitting or crocheting. Thats a good thing cause my fingers have been hurting, but soon my friends (I hope). I have managed to creat 1 - 2oz yarn cake and the other 4 ounces are seperated in to 2 piles and a ball (all attached to eachother). I am working 1 pile into the ball, and once that pile is done I will finish with the rest and then wind it into cakes.

In a brighter note, I ordered the yarn for Mom's sweater. I need to go and get dye, but I can get that at Joanns. I also need to figure out a better way of not being a dumbass when it comes to winding the yarn. Because let me tell you, if I have to deal with THIS mess again I may have to tearfully BUY Mom a sweater for Christmas. I also bought one extra skein (just in case) and once the sweater is made I may make some socks! These socks. Not to say that I'll forget about Cliffy's afghan or the Other Socks either. I've still got, um, 10 months until Christmas, there's time for it all!

No comments: