Wednesday, August 15, 2007

You want me to what?

So the annoying stiffness in the fingers and general feeling of fogginess in the brain sent me to the doctor yesterday. And after helping a very nice, but scared lady with a bee sting on her face get into the ambulance safely, he came to visit with me. Doc Parks is very nice, although I think this is the first time I've met him, even though his name is on the door - usually I see a NP. So I thought that was cool. He and I hold hands for a bit, and his general line of thinking is artritis - not the growing older one, but the specific area one (yeah, he told me... but, um, I dont remember which is which). Then we chatted about the other stuff going on, and he mentioned that sometimes hypothryoid will give you the focus problems I've been dealing - then went on to tell me the story of a patient who is a math teacher that came to him unable to do her math problems. Well, I've never been good at math... but anywho. He ordered bloodtests and x-rays and sent me on my way with orders to come see him in 3 - 4 weeks.

This morning I went to the vampires who stole 6 vials of blood from me, then to the x-ray people who took 3 x-rays. Now I wait.

The advice from the doctor while I wait - Take some advil or alieve if you need it and lay off the crochet.

huh?

So, I go to see my fiberfriends tonight and I can watch them and drink my $5 iced tea and smile, and remind myself that it's not that bad. Right? Ugh.

I will leave you with a picture of the oft-neglected cat.


And speaking of pictures, the boys go Sunday at 12:20. Wish us luck.
PS: Day 2 on crazydiet is going well - a pear for breakfast, orange and grapes for lunch, sandwich for dinner and strawberries for dessert.

No comments: