Saturday, August 15, 2009

Busy busy weekend

I got free tickets to a concert Friday night to see Def Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick. It. Was. Awesome.
Really, one of the best shows I've been to ever. Then I took Sean to see the Dora show at the Preforming Arts Center this morning at 10:30. At 7 this evening my brother in law had an art show at the Tampa Skate Park where instead of paintings on canvas they painted on skateboard decks. It was pretty cool but hot with eleventy million sweaty kids. Boy did it make me feel old. But, I really liked Jason's deck - he did a great job.
Tomorrow we have Church then to my Mom's. Tomorrow is also bread day - the day to make my Amish Friendship Bread. Yummo.

Next week we have no summercamp for Jake so he'll be with his grandparents and daddy doing cool stuff on different days. I'm going to Grease at the PAC on Tuesday, School open house on Thursday night which is also the first night of choir for this year. Wonder if I can make both?

Yarn-wise, I'm still testing this one thing and it's taking ForFreakinEver even though it shouldn't be. Oh well, I'll keep plugging on I suppose.

I did do the work to fix the Convention quilt today. I think it came out well. I would have started getting the backing but I apparently used some of what I had planned for something and I need to figure out plan b. I have some thoughts - more involving the stripey material I used for the twins' blankets.

Add to that the 3 books from the library (not including the Tourette one) and I'm a busy girl. Poor Brainless is going to languish some more I suppose.

That's it for me. Have a good night.

No comments: