Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Studios day

Today we head out for the Disney Studios. Let me tell you that I've called it MGM for so long that it is hard for me not to say it. On our trip I do have a couple missions. I want Sean to see "mouse" or Mickey. He has Mickey diapers and every time he sees him he says Mouse! Or mouse and puppy (Mickey and Pluto). He even recognizes other Disney things as Mouse like the pirate socks I was wearing yesterday. Another mission will be to get something to hold gift cards in for Convention, maybe with some candy. I think I know what I will get if they still have them - princess and pirate "treasure boxes". Jake has one that he filled with all manor of fake eyeballs, rubber skulls and "gold" rings. I can't remember how much they were, but we shall see.

I didn't get any crocheting, knitting, quilting or sewing done yesterday but the night before, as I was watching Phelps win another gold, I sewed the bodice sides together. Now I have 2 halves (right and left) of dress and lining. They actually look like they are part of a dress so I am very encouraged. I think that I have probably 2 or 3 hours on it so far. I have to sew the sides together and do the skirt (not lined) and add the ribbon. I thought about doing some last night but I spent a couple hours playing the Diablo pc game instead. That thing is a time suck, I swear!

I am thinking of starting a basic sock with some stripey yarn for the trip to and from Diz today, that way I don't need the book. Or I could just take the quilt piece. We'll see. It is looking pretty crappy out right now, I wonder if we'll still go?

Tomorrow I go to my Mom's, she's taking the day off. I don't know what we'll do besides visit with Grandma, but it should be fun anyway. Now... where was that other yarn shop down there again?

No comments: