Tuesday, August 05, 2008

kids and fabric etc.

My aunt Lorraine sent me some pics today from her visit, and she got a REALLY good one of Jake! Not an easy feat, I tell ya.









Speaking of pics, we had family pics taken on Sunday, and they came out pretty ok, we should have them back in a few weeks but this week I should have them online. We havent had family pics since Jake was 3, so this is a big deal for us! It constantly amazes me how much Sean enjoys Jake. He will just laugh and giggle. They are so funny together.



I wanted to show the green fabric that I got from ebay:









When it came in I realized that the flowery one has quite a bit of purple in it, which is handy because I got some remnants at Joann with a dark purple and a light purple. I think they will look good together, so that may be the runner. Very springy. I also got a little box of 4 fabrics that are also in the greens/purples. Apparently that is where my head is now? We'll see how it all works out. I am still hand quilting the little pot holder, I've finished 4 complete squares and almost finished 1 other one. 4.25 to go! Then the binding edge. When it looks ANY different from the last pic I showed you I will post another one.

I worked on the flag afghan last night. It goes quickly but I get sick of it quickly too. I also bought the fabric for the dress that I will attempt to make for Convention. It's shiny with matted flowery leavy things, no other colors just tonal. I also got the thread, zipper and lining fabric so I'm all set for it. Now I just need to work up the courage!

Well, that's it for now, back to the mess on my desk. Have a good one!

No comments: