Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

Well, it's been an eventful day. This morning I burned the rice for my corn casserole, er souffle and had to break out the oven cleaner to get the pot clean. Whoopsy! (NTS- re-read the directions on the rice even if you are SURE you remember what it said!) Watched the parade, crocheted on the wool (almost done with that and will be felting soon!) and hung out with Travis for a little bit. Then it was off to the grandparents house. Grandpa had gone for some stuff he forgot so we hung out with Grandma for a bit, I shared some pics, and had some nice conversation - today was a good day for her.

Then my Mom & Cliff and Grandpa came at the same time. We worked on supper a little more, and snacked on some yummies - mainly, for me anyway, cool ranch doritos and muenster cheese. Cliff and Jake played, Sean was held by Grandma and did really good, the puppy tormented the 3-legged wonder and all was good. (NTS - dont forget to make Blessing a sweater). Then my Aunt Maryann and cousin MaryAnn came with her guy friend Kevin (very nice but quiet. I wonder if we scared him?) Good times and great conversation were had by all.

Dinner went well when cousin MaryAnn started feeling ill - room spinning, slurred speach, dont know whats wrong ill. They took her to the ER because she has issues anyway - our thought is a stroke but we dont know yet. So, now we wait and pray, all we can do.

I had brought my sock to work on but didnt get a chance. I'm just glad it's not for a Christmas gift, otherwise I would have been in trouble!

Well, I've got to get the bitty boy to bed so I'm out for now. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.

Recipe of the day... the corn casserole, er souffle that I got from Linda the temp at work, and the story behind the new name.

I was reading a recipe about corn casserole and the lady that wrote it said "I used to call it a corn casserole but since my kids wont go near anything that remotly says the word casserole - I now call it corn souffle!".

Corn Casserole, er souffle:
1 small package saffron rice
1 stick of butter
1 can cream of celery
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 can mexican corn

Cook rice to package directions (it says lower heat to LOW, not MEDIUM... no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise - trust me!)
When done, add remaining butter and stir until melted.
Add remaining ingredients and pour into a casserole dish.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Trust me, it's good... even Cliffy who doesnt like ANYTHING likes it! Jake doesnt like it, but he's 6 and has no taste. Anyway, enjoy.

No comments: