Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Kaitlyn is DONEish

I finished binding off Kaitlyn during lunch. She is giving me ulcers. No, Simply Soft is giving me ulcers, Kaitlyn was good.

When you think of "No Dye Lot" What does that mean to you? Well, to me that means that when my stash skeins run out, I can go to Joann's and buy another skein and it will match.

Apparently I am not correct.















This is the right sleeve. I changed yarn about 5 inches from the end. You can CLEARLY see that they are not the same color. You can Really clearly see it in person in a dark room. The flash helps, as does sunlight, but it's there. When I noticed the difference I had 2 choices. A) hunt down a skein of the Berry Blue from everyone I know and see if theirs matches any better or B) keep knitting. I kept knitting. UGH! However, If I ever see another skein that matches I will not hesitate to rip that sucker back out and fix it.

So tonight I will weave in all her ends and hopefully wear it tomorrow. Yes, I should give her a bath first to see if she relaxes a bit in the neck and sleeves but I am the queen of impatience. We'll see how the evening goes. :)

Next I will be a swatching fool because I have SO many ideas floating in my head that need to get out. I'm just glad that I decided to start writing them down and sketching the out. And by sketching I use the term VERY loosely.

No comments: