Friday, February 12, 2010

Let the Knitting Begin...





Tonight at 9pm, along with MANY of my fellow knitters and crocheters will begin the Ravelympics and the Knitting Olympics. A Challenge to each person that starts at opening ceremonies and ends when the torch is extinguished.

My Olympic run may be hampered by a non-knitting related injury to my purling finger (hang nail that hurts like heck), but I am hoping that a Performance Enhancing Apparatus (band-aid) will be allowed in these circumstances!

I had originally planned to make my Grandfather and Travis a pair of socks. However.... I have decided to test knit a sweater called Kaitlyn by Christine Buhagiar and it is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to have it done and on. I am waiting on confirmation if I can show you a pic or not (sometimes designers aren't allowed to show before it's published), but if I can I will post one soon.

I am making Kait out of Simply Soft Brites Blue, a really pretty color that will look fantabulous on me! I can't wait to see how it comes out. I swatched last night to make sure my gauge was correct (Yes... I... Swatched!) and good thing because I had to go down a needle size.

That's really it for now. I hope you all have a fantastic Valentines Day!

No comments: