Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

I know it's been, uh, 15 days since my last post but I am just now getting settled sorta since Convention. It went well and I will show pictures once I have some. I keep leaving my connector thing for the camera at home and that is doing me no good at all!

Lets see. I've sold a total of 9 pirate hat patterns. Yay! I have almost gotten to the heel flap of the Lady Bug second sock. I have about 2 inches left on Braniness. I cried over the ruins of my Convention Quilt and gave thanks that I had a baby blanket in the Sale Box in the shed that would work in a jiffy for something to sell. It sold for $35. Not Great, Not Terrible.

About the quilt... sigh. I finished quilting it, binding it and decided that I needed to wash it to really set in the seams and hide some of my lovely sewing "uniqueness". Apparently I forgot to quilt about 12 inches of one corner section. In not quilting this area, a seam of the top came open just a little and without the quilting to hold it together the batting it really disintegrated. It is lumpy in some places and bald in others. I will try to scoop out the yucky fluff, and try my best to salvage it. It really is a pretty quilt and I was quite proud of it. Lesson learned. I did wash the fabric for my friend Bridget's wedding quilt, that will be the next project. She's getting married 12/20 so I have a little bit of time... wish me luck!

I am going to be walking in a breast cancer walk next month and will be posting a link here begging for donations! It's not the 3-day, it's only 3 miles which is definitely doable. I only need to raise $250, also doable. (Unlike the 3-day which is 60 miles and $2200). And I solemnly promise not to get pregnant and drop out!

Also, for those of you in the Tampa Bay area, my church is participating in Feed The Bay, an event that we started a few years ago where on a certain Sunday they give us a shopping list and after announcements send us on our way to the local grocery stores to buy items for the food banks and shelters in the area. They park big moving trucks in the parking lot of the store and the stores know ahead of time to stock up on these items. The first year, with only our church participating, we raised enough food for our main local charity ECHO (Emergency Care Health Organization) to be stocked for more than 6 months. That is HUGE! This year the goal is 300,000 lbs of food, and they have more than 30 churches in on it. Anyway, if you would like to donate money or find a store near you that will have a truck or even find a place to volunteer, go to www.feedthebay.org for more information.

That's it from me. Back to the pile on my desk. Have a great day!

No comments: