Monday, January 26, 2009

Updates.

I finally got the pic of Mom wearing her Christmas sweater. It looks so much better on a human than on a flat surface. The shoulders aren't nearly as odd looking on her than off! I love how it turned out, love the yarn and color and style. I am not in love with the too-big button holes but hey, easy enough to fix if she wants.













I have 6 stars and 1.5 stripes to finish on the American Flag afghan. Once the stars are done getting the blue, I will need to sew the together, add a round of crochet around the border and sew it to the stripes. Tada, done.

I have had the best time these last couple days with my folks and brother in town from NY. Of course I haven't taken any pictures, but I will remember today and tomorrow, I swear! I let my step-mom look through the craft fair bins and take what she wants. She gained an afghan, 5 dish cloths and a scarf. That means there is that much less in my shed. I guess it's a good thing, since I haven't been doing fairs, but still sad. Oh well.

I think that this year will be the year of the quilt. I want to make some for Christmas. Lofty goals since I've not made any ever, but hopefully I'll be able to do it. I have fabric for probably 2, not using the pieces for my Dear Jane. Speaking of Jane, I do plan to start working on her again once the flag is done. I have 2 second socks to make if I get tired of quilting. I also just ordered 2 #2 circulars to finally learn the "quicker", "Easier" method of sock making. Dont know that I believe all this but hey, hopefully I can learn a trick or two.

That's it for me for now. Have a great day!

No comments: