Friday, July 02, 2010

Learning Curve

I know that sometimes it is more important than others to do the second sock immediatly. Mainly when you do something different than the pattern and make no notes that are worth anything.

My blue socks, started in October '07 (!) and finished in January of '08. Well, that was one sock. I followed the pattern for the Arrow Lace Socks but decided to try out a short row heel. And instead of noting ANYWHERE how I did that or where I got the tutorial, I just wrote "I've decided to try out a short row heel." Yeah, helpful.

So last week when I decided to finish up some WIPs, I kind of dreaded this one because I'd have to fake the heel. Luckily for me it's not really hard and I'm at the halfway point on the heel. I think these are going to be mine, but I'm not sure. It could just be a REALLY early Christmas present. I think that will depend on how it turns out! :)

Only a month and a half until school starts and I'm really excited about it. I hope that I do well. I just got a copy of my HS transcripts, boy was I a crappy student. I have higher hopes for college.

That's it for now, have a great 4th weekend. Stay safe.

No comments: