Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Sometimes being me is cool!

I just had my Cooling Eye Mask design accepted for publication. !. It will be in the January 2011 Crochet! Magazine and I am so excited. I also have a ton of other ideas floating around in my brain (and in my notebooks) that would be really cool as a book. Just sayin!

I wanted to give you an update on freezer cooking. Here are the one's we've tried and notes about them:

Chicken curry - this was good but the flavor was really mild. I found another freezer curry recipe in Fix Freeze and Feast and I'll try that one next. There was more than plenty.

Shephard's pie - my whiners didn't like the onions and peppers in the meat mix. So next time I won't do that. Also, there wasn't enough food so I'll have to make it bigger. (funny that the other meals had the SAME meat mix and they were fine.)

Chili - this was a BIG hit! Everyone loved it, even my father-in-law who I sent a single serving to. The problem, not enough food (wonder if that's related to Dad's portion? hmm.) so next time I'll make more.

Hamburger Macaroni - we had this one last night and it was really good. It made what I thought was plenty, and I sent one of these to Dad too, but it just wasn't enough. Next time I'll make more. Everyone loved it, so score!

Sloppy Jakes - which is basically sloppy joes with the leftover shephards pie meat/corn mix instead of just meat mix. They loved it and there was more than plenty.

I think that's all the ones I've tried. So far so good I think. Also, I really like that new book I borrowed from the library - Fix, Freeze and Feast. So many more recipes that I cant wait to try - especially one for ribs that looks awesome!

Well that's it for me. Have a great day!

No comments: