Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's one of those days..

I am having one of those days where I am in mourning for a recent passing, and one long ago but I am so excited about the magazine coming out with my pattern in it. It's been a rollercoaster day. So, I will share what the mag looks like so you can be excited with me. I sent a letter to the editor of this mag to see if it is ok for me to create a knit version to propose to one of the knitting magazines at their company. You could do so much with this purse in either craft and I hope that she'll allow it.















This past week also marked my triumphant return to Crochet Group. It's been almost 3 years since I've gone and they welcomed me back with open arms. And a cake!










In other yarn-related news, I think I'm done with the boring boy socks. Not because I have 2 completed socks but because sock 2, although closely resembling sock 1, is not its twin and apparently my shapping took a tragic turn for the worse around the heel area. So, I can either frog back 6 inches of sock or toss it in the corner and ignore it soundly.

Also, I have finished the proof of concept swatch for my quilty baby blanket that I've been avoiding and it works, sort of. I was trying for no seaming but I think that adding a couple seams (not a lot) will look much better than how I've done it now. So, I'll swatch that up and write up the pattern. I like how it's looking and I can't wait to finish up the full size model.

No comments: