Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm fine...

Just a little too busy to blog lately...it's about all I can do to keep up with bloglines! Sean is doing just fine, I'll post pics soon, I promise! I start back at work on Monday, and I'm thrilled about that - it will be nice to feel like I'm part of society again.

I did a knit coaster project using Laurie's (www.crazyauntpurl.com) magic scarf pattern, but parred down - I'll show ya'll a pic later on but here's the pattern:

cast on 25 sts - I used cotton and size 8's.
row 1 - k5, p5, k5, p5, k5
row 2 - p5, k5, p5, k5, p5
repeat until there are 5 rows, then swap them - knit on the purl rows and purl on the knit rows - it maks a checkerboard effect. I did this for 5 repeats so there were 5 "blocks" up and across. They are squarish, I'm sure a real knitter would get a more square square. I made up 6 of these for Travis' new den. I also need to make a manly bookcase cover (read: macho doily) and that will come soon.

I've been working on the sock still, it's been going very slowly since I've been cheating with the coasters but there you go. I haven't been working on the scarf though. Maybe once the sock(s) and the man-doily are done, we'll see.

That's really it for now. More soon, I promise!

No comments: