Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pay it forward

About a month ago, there was a thing going around Facebook where you post a notice to do a Pay It Forward. Basically, you sign up for 1 item from someone participating (or 2 in my case) and you offer 5 spots for people to claim items for you. Since I picked 2 items, I'm doing 10 PIFs.

1 pink twirly scarf was first out the door since it was done and in my craft fair bins already. It is now happily residing in TX with one of my old school-mates. She loves it and has to fight off her 2 girls for it.

1 pair of socks went to my Mom on Valentine's day. They started off as Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt. They were my School Socks - the ones I would work on between classes and such. Because I was doing them at school during little snatches of time, I decided to forgo the pattern after 1 repeat so it was like a banded leaves thing. I finished sock 1 during winter break. During the January classes I worked on the 2nd sock, and decided that instead of doing a leaf band, that I would do 2 little intermingled leaves centered on the front of the leg. Fraternal twins, instead of identical. She was happy to get socks, and didn't really care that weren't really "matchy". Good thing!!








My 3rd PIF was a slouchy beret "Rainbow Swirl Slouch" by Jessica Fraser. I did it in Loop & Threads Charisma in Cream and the recipient loved it. I didn't get a pic, but I might make it again, only a little longer. It was cute.

My 4th PIF is another pair of socks, Dublin Bay Socks by Ryan Morrissey. I really love the pattern, easy to remember and cute. I finished the first one and started #2 yesterday.

Of my other PIFs, I have 2 more pairs of socks, a fabric bowl, a cutie apron, and I haven't decided on the others. This is fun, and I can't wait to get my goodies!!

No comments: