Saturday, October 17, 2009

Great day!

Today I walked for Making Strides with the American Cancer Society. I was able to raise $360, walk over 5k and got a cute t-shirt to boot! It was a beautiful day, finally cool in Tampa so perfect to walk in. There were over 5000 people that turned out and it took just about an hour to do the whole 5k so that wasn't too bad.

I haven't really been working on anything except the scarf. I have decided it is not to girly for a boy, although the angora content does tend to shed a bit. Oh well. It is wonderful to work with, SOOOO very soft! I love the pattern too - His (Birthday) Scarf by Monika Steinbauer. I've got about 2.5 feet worth so far and still have a little left in the first cake. Soon I'll have to cake up the other hank and keep on truckin. I've been spending too much time on Facebook - I've gotten a chapter and a half into my newest book and already have a second book from the library. Also... not much knitting. I do work on it at lunch every day and I am usually able to get 1 repeat a day done, that's 18 rows. I love the woven effect. Not plain but not frilly either. Perfect.

I have managed to cut all of the pieces of the wedding quilt, even sewed up a couple of them until my machine decided to start eating fabric. I am giving it a little bit of a time out to think about it's actions!

Well, I can smell dinner so it's time to work on something to go with the chicken. Have a good night, and on Monday I'll try to remember to post pics from today. It really was an awesome event that made me feel fantastic to be a part of.

No comments: