Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Quiet evening

I dont really have anything to talk about - shocking I know. Last night I made chicken burgers and I thought they were pretty good. I got my Mom's advice on them since it was at her house that I had them the first time. Her suggestion - add BBQ sauce to the mixture and some breadcrumbs. No need for an egg. Here's what I did:
1 lb ground chicken
1/3 c Italian bread crumbs
2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 Tbsp no-salt seasoning
1 tsp fresh ground pepper

Mix it all up and form it into 4 patties and on the George Foreman it went. Tasty yes, very burger-like especially when covered with a slice of cheese and ketsup and mustard. However, it got kinda burned on the bottom of the burgers but not the tops. I thought that was pretty odd and I have no explination. Thoughts?

I worked on Mom's sweater last night and during lunch today. I have about 2 inches done. Sweaters go REALLY slow in sock yarn. Just saying is all.

I am almost done getting my submission together for the seekrit jacket. I love it, and hopefully they will too. Wish me luck!

Travis got his schedule - Mon through Fri 9 - 5:30. That was his first choice. I am thrilled to pieces that we can be like a normal family again. Woo Hoo!!

I am planning on a yard sale Saturday 3/30. I already have a few boxes of stuff that I've been tucking away for this event, starting with Christmas. I've got Jake into the spirit by telling him that anything of his that he sells he gets to keep the money. Hopefully this will get him motivated to part with some of his 19 tons of stuff.

That's it for now, sorry I dont have more.

No comments: