Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Updates

MaryAnn is doing well, she's home and apparently the problem came with taking her meds too close to a big meal. One of the side effects is feeling like you're having a heart attack - scary scary stuff. But, I am so thankful that it wasn't something worse. Thank you for your prayers.

I finished up one of the 2 hats and started on a slipper.

Yep, a slipper. One of 2 that will go to my MIL for Christmas - how many more knitting days until Christmas again? Ugh. They will look like these and I'm pretty excited about them. It's like making little footie socks but with HUGE 10.5 needles. They will be felted, and have to be made 1.3 times bigger than normal but hey - on that size needle it should go quick. I'm making with a skein (and probably some of a 2nd) of the blue wool I got with Mom & Cliff's birthday gift certificate. So. Excited. And really, I havent been this excited about starting something in a long time! My goal - will be: hat, slipper, hat, slipper. Cant do both at the same time since they're using the same needle. I wonder if these slippers are why I finished the hat so quick? Hmm.

Anyway, that's really it for now. I'll leave you with this lovely bit of Christmas. This is across from Sean's daycare, and this was taken 2 days before Thanksgiving. We will attempt to put up Christmas this coming week when Travis is home at 6 in the evenings (yay!!!).

No comments: